TMMC Property Management is a Castle Rock firm which manages covenant controlled communities and rental properties throughout the Southern Metro Denver area to include Centennial, Englewood, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree, Castle Pines, Castle Rock and Parker.
TMMC is looking for an Accounting Manager to join the TMMC team. Only persons with high-energy, a can-do attitude, who are detail oriented and focused on executing results with extraordinary customer service need apply.
TMMC’s mission of “Hands On Management by People Who Care” is the key objective when search for the next team member. TMMC’s core values are honesty and integrity and to provide exceptional customer service.
The accounting team maintains records of financial transactions and general ledgers relating to accounts payable, accounts receivable and adjusting journal entries. They have the responsibility to balance all asset and liability accounts, and prepare monthly financial reports including balance sheet, income statements and subsidiary schedules. They also assist in billing of scheduled assessments, collection of delinquent accounts, accounts payable, vendor on-boarding and compliance, homeowner/unit transition documents, etc.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, with demonstrated financial statement production experience and a proven track record of accuracy. Directs efforts culminating with the monthly closing of the general ledger, including review and analysis of monthly results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations.
- Manage various accounting functions such as A/R, A/P, cash flow management, monthly closing processes, reconciliation, and preparation of financial documents.
- Produce the monthly financial reporting, including but not limited to reconciliations, budget vs. actuals and financial highlight reporting for homeowner associations.
- Coordinate with outside audit/tax firms to provide schedules, documentation, reporting and work papers to enable outside auditors to produce homeowner association audits and annual tax returns. Review audits and tax returns, file taxes per audit firm’s instruction, and complete necessary journal entries.
- Prepare and file annual 1099/1096 tax forms.
- Lead development of annual operating and reserve budgets.
- Preparation of Attorney Packages for collection accounts. Liaison with attorney regarding accounts in collections.
- Review and release of status letters/information for title companies for properties that are being sold throughout the associations.
- Assist with the implementation and documentation of special and new projects as needed.
- Assist in the development and improvement of internal controls and procedures related to financial reporting, HOA cash handling, and operational processes.
- Stay current with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, including generally accepted accounting principles; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Oversee and assist the activity of Accounting Assistant/s to meet the goals and objections of the Accounting Department as well as HOA financial operations.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties deemed necessary by Management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business area required or a minimum five (5) years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
CAM (Community Association Manager), CMCA, AMS, or PCAM a plus. If not currently licensed or credentialed, required by State of Colorado and TMMC to do so (credentialing discussed during hiring process).
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (minimum of intermediate level user in Excel).
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral), as well as strong presentation skills.
- High attention to detail accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of reconciliation processes and controls.
- Must be willing to work in a team oriented and dynamic environment.
- Candidate must possess the ability to make recommendations and formulate solutions as it relates to creating efficiencies.
- Ability to work with the Senior Management to strategize and plan to insure completion of Departmental Goals and Objectives, as well as, overall Business Goals and Objectives.
- Experience with Caliber or other similar community management software a plus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods. Will be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Specific work assignments may change without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Castle Rock, CO 80104 (Preferred)