Receptionist/Visitor Center Coordinator
Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce
Act as our "First Impression" for visitors and members alike. We are looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented person to staff our front reception area/Visitors Center. This is a part-time position of approximately 30 hours per week. Position description and desired skills are listed below:
§ Excellent customer service, self-management and organizational skills.
§ Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills (active listener, self-motivated).
§ Ability to deal effectively with the public
§ Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
§ Familiarity with email and the Internet
§ Computer proficiency (skilled in the use of Windows 10, and Microsoft Office 2016 with the ability to professionally format documents, import/export database records, perform mail merge functions, etc.) Become proficient with the Chamber’s member management database software.
Reports to: Office Administrator
The Receptionist/Visitor Center Coordinator will provide reception support for members and visitor services.
Key Result Area #1: Customer Service
Supporting Goal: High expectation of greeting visitors in a positive, friendly manner
- Primary on incoming phone calls and walk-ins, and correctly answering questions and/or routing calls/visitors to appropriate staff member. Schedule meetings for staff member if not available.
Key Result Area #2: Staff training of Visitor Center volunteers
Supporting Goal: Maintaining high customer service values
- Daily monitoring of e-mail.
- Respond to requests received by phone, mail, e-mail, etc.
Key Result Area #3: Facility Maintenance
Supporting Goal: Ensure the Chamber facility is presented in an overall professional manner.
- Training volunteers of the Castle Rock area features and activities for tourists and residents
- Educating volunteers in proper procedures and high customer service interaction with visitors
- Scheduling and reminding volunteer support of their weekend schedules (Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Coordinating and recruiting volunteers for Visitor Center staffing.
- Opening & closing of Visitor Center daily with appropriate outdoor signage.
- Opening & closing of facility on Saturday (Memorial Day through Labor Day). Requires working the Saturday shift (9 am – 1 pm) if volunteers are not available or cancel. Also requires placing of signage for Saturday hours.
Key Result Area #3: Data Base Maintenance
Supporting Goal: Ensure that membership contact information is accurately kept in data base.
- Coordinate informational handout/mailing materials for relocation, tourism, Chamber membership and demographics. (Relocation requests to be processed within two working days.)
- Actively recruit for community service assistance by calling RMOMS and Douglas County weekly.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the visitor center, reception, boardroom, conference room, kitchen and bathroom areas. This includes cleaning and trash maintenance in facility if community service is not available.
- Prepare board room as required for upcoming meetings or trainings (set tables and chairs in appropriate formation and set up projector if needed). Clean board room and/or kitchen following meetings if necessary.
- Assist the Office Administrator in the maintenance of inventory of the office and hospitality supplies.
- Maintain accurate records of all incoming calls and walk-in visitors by utilizing a system of data collection.
- Tally of business referrals and community information logs must be completed weekly.
- Inform members of referrals and preparation of visitor’s center service reports must be produced timely.
- Research and gather local events to add to our Castle Rock Community events calendar located at VisitCastleRock.org/events. Submit and update daily.
Key Result Area #4: Community Program Assistance
Supporting Goal: Assist in the monitoring & support of programs
- Shop the Rock, coordinate the new residents’ packet creation and monthly distribution.
- Shop the Rock, gather Chamber materials, business promotion and other items for mailings.
Key Result Area #5: Office Assistance
Supporting Goal: Assist staff as necessary to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Chamber office and events
- Obtain monthly new resident’s list from Town of Castle Rock Utilities department, clean up the information from the database and distribute the information to the appropriate subscribers on a monthly basis and utilize the addresses for Shop the Rock program.
- Maintain participating member’s literature count and notify participating members when items reach a quantity of 250 or fewer.
- Obtain new business list from Town for the purpose of sending a welcome letter on a monthly basis that will be followed up by a phone call from Chamber staff.
- Participate as an active member of the Chamber staff, which is a positive and dynamic team dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- All major Chamber events will be required as staff participant.
- All other activities and/or projects assigned by the Office Administrator and/or President.