Experienced Residential Interior Designer
Signature Interiors/Rita Coltrane
Full-time position - assisting Principal Designer with residential design and remodeling projects, and occasional commercial projects.
We are a 18-year old, successful private interior design firm (no retail work) seeking a fully qualified residential interior designer to assist with increased project demand. Seeking a team member more interested in working on design and remodeling projects, and not having to do sales, customer acquisition, contract management and cash flow management associated with owning your own business.
- Take lead design responsibility under the direction/review of Principal Designer for residential design projects and occasional commercial projects
- Assist with supporting project management, contractor management and administrative functions associated with projects
- Complete project deliverables and product recommendations with accurate cost/resell information
- Other related activities, as required to fulfill project needs
Required Skills/Work Requirements
- 4+ Years experience in residential design, with ability to demonstrate successful client satisfaction
- Demonstrated expertise with the following:
- Proficiency with Sketchup and AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (or equivalent)
- Technical competence with: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Web-based applications, time tracking, email, renderings, MAC and PC
- Residential remodeling design including accurate field measurements, materials calculations, space planning, materials selections and specifications, preparing detailed specification documents, preparing and presenting recommendations to clients, managing remodeling design process and contractor coordination
- Window treatment design – including selections, renderings, preparing detailed work room specifications, hardware specifications.
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact qualified applicants.
- Strong, effective communicator
- Ability to build rapport quickly; Articulate & Personable, but also confident and persuasive
- Team Player – we are a very small company!
- Coordinate installation and scheduling on projects
- Ability to follow company methodology and processes
- Technology savvy – able to work remotely as needed, internet competent
- Salaried position - Weekdays roughly 8-5, however, evening and weekend appointments do arise, on occasion.
- Able to lift 50 pounds for handling materials, orders, product samples, customer deliveries, etc.
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record