Class A CDL Driver - Lowboy
General Description. A Truck Driver – Lowboy is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below. A Truck Driver – Lowboy ‘s primary function is to safely load and secure equipment to be moved from one location to another. This job description may also perform a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
- Valid Class “A” CDL license and driving record within MVR policy guidelines
- Must have familiarity with the safe operation of construction equipment
- Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of construction and paving equipment
- Able to work day or night shifts as required
- Knowledge of all USDOT & FMCSA safety regulations
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle prior to operation
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
Clean Criminal Background for 7 years
Must be willing to take a TB Test, Flu Shot and be drug free
Dedicated, self starter and someone who take initiative to complete the job without direct supervision
General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Truck Driver – Lowboy. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Three (3) to five (5) years of industry related experience in hauling heavy equipment is required for this position.
Full time/Direct Hire