Events Manager Position Description - (Exempt Full--time)
The Castle Rock Chamber’s Events Manager should have a love for special event management and the business community. In addition, the candidate must provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, flexible to work a varied schedule and able to build relationships with board members, sponsors, vendors and volunteers.
The selected candidate will be experienced, take charge professional with the ability to manage effectively in a busy environment. Working in a small team, he or she must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines and keep staff informed. Most importantly, the event manager must keep events within budget and without incident. Strengthening sponsor relationships and attracting sponsorship revenue is key to the organization and therefore this position’s success. Regular and thorough communication with event stakeholders and staff is required. Attendance at all events is required. Skills and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- File special event applications with the proper licensing agencies for each event (i.e. liquor licenses, fire, health department, streets, assembly permits, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to ensure that the events are staffed and organized professionally.
- Create the meeting agendas, record and file all minutes, maintain files of all correspondence, meetings/activities; send necessary meeting notices; recruit volunteers to serve on the committees.
- Arrange and coordinate facility/grounds needs for each event, rental and transportation contracts.
- Coordinate and book vendors, bands, sponsors, food truck, etc. for each event and ensure compliance with rules and regulations; in addition, track agreements and payments
- Manage event budgets, deadlines and procedures with direct communication with the event committee and the President / CEO.
- Act on behalf of the President/CEO with committees regarding events when the President is not available.
- Actively participate with staff web administrator to make sure Event Pages on Chamber’s web site CastleRock.org and VisitCastleRock.org are updated appropriately and timely.
- Disseminate information to all parties (vendors, sponsors, staff, committee, etc.) before each event.
- Manage and oversee events on day of including load in, directing volunteers, problem solving, committee communication, etc.
- Lead event follow-up and debrief with committee and staff
- Work with Chamber team to expand event sponsorships
Major Goal: The Events Manager develops and coordinates community and selected Chamber events. The project goal is to promote the community, generate non-dues income and exhibit the professional image of the Chamber.
Key Result Area #1: Project coordination for community and chamber events
Supporting Goal: Coordinate the activities of assigned events in a manner that helps the Chamber achieve its annual Program of Work (Business Plan).
Act as lead staff liaison for the following events:
- Elephant Rock Ride (June)
- Castle Rock WineFest (July)
- Douglas County Fair Parade (July)
- Colorado Artfest (September)
- Starlighting (November)
- Job Fairs (Spring & Fall)
- VIP Cocktail Reception (April)
- Horizon Breakfast (quarterly series)
- Women of Influence Luncheon (quarterly series)
- Chamber Annual Banquet (April)
- Chamber Golf Tournament (June)
Key Result Area #2 Team Assistance
Supporting Goal: Assist fellow staff members as necessary to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Chamber office.
- Participate as an active member of the Chamber staff, which is a positive and dynamic team dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- Attend weekly staff meetings-purpose is communication and coordination among entire staff.
- Make use of available software applications in a way that ensures that our members and the general public view the Chamber as a respected, professional and efficient organization.
- Demonstrate a positive, friendly and efficient office appearance.
- Participate as an active member of the Castle Rock Event Managers’ meetings to ensure communication between the organizations for high quality and transparency.
- All other activities and/or projects assigned by the President/CEO.
- Demonstrated experience in event management.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Skilled in written, verbal and interpersonal communications (active listener and self-motivated)
- Able to deal effectively with the public and coordinate volunteers in a professional manner.
- Excellent self-management and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skilled negotiator and communicator in working with members, vendors and sponsors.
- Able to work within a predetermined budget.
- Computer proficiency (skilled in the use of Microsoft Office 360).
- Must have ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds occasionally
- Required to hold a valid Colorado driver’s license and use of vehicle.
Reports to: President / CEO
Office location: 420 Jerry Street, Castle Rock CO 80104 (303) 688-4597 CastleRock.org
Application Deadline: Sept. 6, 2019
Salary Range- $42,000-$50,000 depending on actual experience.
Please send Resumes with Salary Requirements to Sue Turner by email: Sue@castlerock.org
Subject Line: Events Manager Position