Colorado Early Colleges Mission Statement: All students, regardless of background or skill level, will have the opportunity to pursue a growth mindset that will allow them to achieve mastery and to demonstrate they can succeed in school, in college, and in their chosen career. No exceptions. No excuses.
- Aflac Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Under direct supervision of Head of School, to monitor school buildings to ensure a safe and secure building environment, as well as the personal safety of students, staff, and visitors.
- Provides for the safety and security of students, staff, visitors and CEC property in accordance with CEC policies to provide an educational climate which is conducive to learning.
- Conducts ongoing security patrols of the building and monitor cameras.
- Enforces Board policies regarding smoking, parking, loitering, trespassing, theft, vandalism, property damage, alcohol, drug abuse, and other school rules and regulations.
- Reports concerns and incidents which may require corrective action to Director of Campus Culture.
- Encourages appropriate student conduct with regard to school rules and regulations and regulations.
- Assists visitors to the school in receiving proper direction, assists in maintaining log of all visitors, and prevents unauthorized persons from entering the building.
- Monitors exits and prevents unauthorized exits of the building by students.
- Checks student passes when classes are in session; escorts students to and from Director of Campus Culture offices as directed.
- Assists school administrators with investigations as assigned.
- Physically separates students involved in altercations and maintains crowd control as needed in accordance with established guidelines regarding the use of force.
- Monitors grounds in morning to prevent loitering and improper parking of vehicles.
- Performs relates duties as required.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses radio communications equipment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of best practices in building security and safety.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and codes related to building safety and security, including OSHA, and Electronic Surveillance laws.
- Knowledge of security and alarm systems, electronic surveillance, and related safety and security devices.
- Ability to follow oral or written work orders from supervisor, and to coordinate work with Director of Campus Culture, security guards and others.
- Ability to describe orally or in writing security problems as needed.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to maintain a professional, calm and authoritative manner when challenged by students.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard school building environment.
- Occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Physical ability to separate students or others involved in altercations.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School Diploma or completion of sufficient education to successfully perform the duties of the position
- Successful experience in security or law enforcement
- Experience working with adolescents preferred.
Colorado Early Colleges is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.