Colorado Early Colleges Mission Statement: All students, regardless of background or skill level, will have the opportunity to pursue a growth mindset that will allow them to achieve mastery and to demonstrate they can succeed in school, in college, and in their chosen career. No exceptions. No excuses.
High School Mandarin Adjunct
Salary: $50 hr
Supervisor’s Title: Academic Dean
Classes: Chinese I and II for Spring Semester (January 6th, 2021)
Under the general supervision of the Academic Dean to develop students' Chinese Language & Literature academics. Mandarin Chinese 1 is an introductory course to the Mandarin language and the culture of China. Students will study the basic sentence structure and vocabulary dealing with everyday situations that enable them to communicate effectively in Mandarin at a basic level. Students start developing all five modalities skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Develops and administers language education curriculum consistent with CEC goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Teaches knowledge and skills in the following subjects to secondary students: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Prepares appropriate instructional aids and display materials to enhance learning.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships with members of the language and literature community.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Academic Dean and other administrators.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school network buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of Chinese Language & Literature education curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Work in standard office and school building environments.
Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree in related area preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.