The Downtown Alliance Project Manager should have a love for special event management and the business
community. In addition, the candidate must provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional,
flexible to work a varied schedule, and able to build relationships with board members, sponsors and vendors.
The selected candidate will be an experienced, take charge professional with the ability to manage effectively in a busy environment. Working in a small team, he or she must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines and keep staff informed. Most importantly, the event manager must keep events within budget and without incident. Strengthening sponsor relationships and attracting sponsorship revenue is key to the organization and therefore this position’s success. Regular and thorough communication with event stakeholders and staff is required. Attendance at all events is required. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Event Production – Downtown Merchants Association
Administrative – Downtown Development Authority
- Help with the planning, logistics and execution of Downtown events, which may include:
- Obtaining permissions related to street closure, police and fire permissions, Tri County Health code, sale tax, liquor license and other permissions and approvals.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day-of including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors and managing take-down
- Designing and disseminating marketing information, including posters, ads, email distributions and event maps.
- Help team coordinate sponsors, vendors, entertainers, contractors, and volunteers for events and track communications and agreements.
- Assist in event follow-up communication including thank you cards and debrief meetings.
- Work in collaboration with team to secure and expand sponsorship for events.
- Track key event performance areas and identify items to improve for future events.
- Monitor and help publish social media communications on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Ensure budget goals are met.
- Communicate and present to Downtown Alliance board in public board meetings
- Assist with Downtown Development Authority tasks as needed including:
- Coordination of ice rink set-up and tear down procedures.
- Obtaining permits and payment for DDA Programs such as patio, flowerbox and façade grant programs.
- Drafting annual report and monthly board meeting narratives.
- Maintain strong relationships with organization partners including town department heads, Chamber of Commerce, Douglas County Government and community stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments through a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person, through email and by phone, always exhibiting high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects working as team player.
- Excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-year experience with office administrative management preferred.
- 1-year experience coordinating special events preferred.
- Proficiency with the latest versions of Microsoft Suite, Outlook email functions, Facebook, and Twitter required.
- Lift, load and handle supplies up to 30 pounds
- Event days may require more than 8 hours on one’s feet
Please submit your resume and cover letter in electronic form to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer