The purpose of the BREAKFAST ATTENDANT is to connect with guests at breakfast, ensuring guest satisfaction and provide service recovery when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
- Provides personalized service to all guests.
- Regularly communicates and converses with all guests.
- Prepares food and beverages according to recipe.
- Fully understands and complies with all food safety requirements.
- Sets up breakfast area before guests begin to arrive; displays the food and beverages in an organized and attractive manner according to brand standards/requirements.
- Efficiently replenishes buffet with food, beverages and/or supplies as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of buffet area throughout the morning by reorganizing and tidying food area as necessary.
- Properly disposes of used plates, utensils, napkins and/or cups as necessary.
- May be responsible for keeping inventory stocked by ordering additional food and/or supplies as needed
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner; follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must speak proficient English.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment