The successful Business Analyst candidate will demonstrate competence in working closely with members of the user community to capture, refine, validate, and communicate, in clear and concise language, the requirements of business systems. A balance of both business and technical (requirements elicitation and documentation, software process improvement) skill is necessary. The ability to work collaboratively with diverse user groups and project teams is essential.
This position is posted as open until filled, review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is selected.
Examples of Duties
(The following examples are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive.)
- Develop and leverage domain process knowledge and experience to lead Business Process Improvement efforts.
- Assist the client in definition of business case and project scope.
- Leverage a diverse set of elicitation techniques to identify business needs; lead requirements gathering sessions.
- Interpret and refine the business requirements and business rules into detailed functional specifications for both technical and non-technical audiences; develop user stories, use cases, storyboards, and work flow diagrams as required.
- Conduct product searches and product evaluations to determine suitability and business fit of third-party software products with County IT needs and infrastructure.
- Communicate between end users, subject matter experts, software developers, software testers, and vendors to ensure the solutions meets customer needs.
- Develop, perform land facilitate User Acceptance with end user and project teams.
- Ensure compliance with established development, testing strategies, and project management methodologies by creating and maintaining standard documentation and artifacts.
- Assist in the creation, development, and maintenance of user documentation and training for the installation and operation of software applications.
- Create, develop, and maintain technical documentation used to support software purchases and development; such as project definition specifications, software requirement specifications, and other artifacts to be maintained in the project document repository.
- Research production application issues to determine whether the issue is a defect or an enhancement. Perform Business Analyst duties for the defect resolution process.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of IT processes and standards. Utilize approved standards and templates to generate technical documentation and manuals.