Workforce Development Coordinator
The Castle Rock Chamber is a leading business organization with focus in promoting economic prosperity and quality of life for the Douglas County region. Our mission is to support, encourage and promote our business community; be a “voice” for business to local and regional government; foster a livable and vital community where quality of life and positive growth are both possible; and to educate our businesses and government entities, youth and adults regarding business acumen, leadership and entrepreneurial development.
The Castle Rock Chamber Foundation leads the charitable and educational objectives of the Castle Rock Chamber. The Foundation’s charitable activities focus on leadership, workforce development and prosperity for the county. The Workforce Development Coordinator must have a passion for Castle Rock and Douglas County and a desire to make our region a great place to live, work and play. The ideal candidate must manage relationships with business and community leaders and Chamber staff in addition to having communications and marketing experience and is able to manage multiple projects with ease. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for working to improve lives, expand economic prosperity and fosters collective action and impact with industry-sector leadership, government and education partners while building a strong talent pipeline.
The Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the workforce development and business education efforts of the Foundation, including the Talent Pipeline DC Steering Committee and future collaboratives. This position will work with the Chamber President/CEO in the development of the TPDC program. This position has growth potential as the workforce development strategy continues to expand.
- Work in the development of the strategic plan for Talent Pipeline DC.
- Support the TPDC Steering Committee including agenda development, meeting preparation and regular communications.
- Engage with education and workforce development partners to better alight curriculum and competencies to employer demands.
- Support employers participating in the TPDC collaboratives, encouraging better engagement with the education community and increasing workplace learning opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison to the marketing team for all workforce and business assistance programming communications and collateral, ensuring the Chamber brand and messaging are on point.
- Responsible for tracking departmental key performance indicators and preparing board reports.
- Assist in the advancement of collaborative priorities, service as an intermediary between employers, education and training providers and workforce development agencies.
- Assist with fundraising for workforce development, including grant writing and corporate requests in addition to acting as a staff liaison for the Chamber’s Dream Big/Total Resource Campaign.
- This position may involve interaction with minors, strict adherence to Chamber policies is required.
- Organize events related to TPDC and business related programming.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships.
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges and identify opportunities and solutions.
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization.
- Must have the ability to actively recruit industry talent, connecting to a wide range of candidates.
- Detail oriented with ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment.
- Proficient in all MS Office products.
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in business (HR and recruiting), education (career advising) or workforce development preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in marketing and communications experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction and achieve goals under tight deadlines and satisfy multiple priorities.
- Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources.
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders. (ie. business, nonprofit, academic and policy/public sectors).
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgement, tact and professionalism.
- Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office location: 420 Jerry Street, Castle Rock CO 80104 (303) 688-4597 CastleRock.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Castle Rock Chamber is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.