Castle Rock celebrates community successes through annual report and video
The start of a new year often brings a mix of reflection and anticipation. The Town takes great pride in looking back on community accomplishments, while planning for the year ahead.
Several major accomplishments from 2018 include:
· Opening Fire Station 152 in Crystal Valley, and adding 12 new Fire staff positions
· Reconstructing Meadows Parkway and installing new traffic signals
· Beginning to receive WISE water in the Town’s journey toward a sustainable future
The Town is compiling these, among other top achievements, in its annual year-end publication – Report to the Community. The report is available online at CRgov.com/majorprojects, and will also be mailed to each Castle Rock address this month.
Additionally, the Town has produced a short video highlighting 2018 accomplishments and 2019 goals, which is also available at the above webpage. The Town invites residents to view the information and share in the celebration of the community’s collective successes.
Looking forward into 2019, major projects on the horizon include:
· Upgrading the Plum Creek Water Purification Facility so the Town can provide purified, reuse water
· Completing Deputy Zack S. Parrish III Memorial Park
· Contributing to Arapahoe Community College’s Collaboration Campus Project, which will bring further higher education opportunities to Castle Rock
· Installing a new traffic signal near the entrance of Castle Rock Adventist Hospital
· Adding new positions to both the Fire and Police departments, to ensure outstanding public safety
Quarterly updates on how the Town is progressing on these and many more projects will be posted at CRgov.com/majorprojects, as well as on the Town’s official Facebook page @CRgov.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/notifyme, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock.)