Your Town works hard every day to make sure Castle Rock remains a great place to live. Toward that end, several major goals were accomplished in 2019, including:
· Opening the Deputy Zack S. Parrish III Memorial Park and 2-mile southeast extension of East Plum Creek Trail
· Improving the intersections on Founders Parkway and Allen Way and Crowfoot Valley Road, the latter of which will be completed this spring
· Installed a reuse waterline from Plum Creek Water Reclamation Authority to Red Hawk Ridge Golf Course so nonpotable water can be used to water the course, saving 60 million gallons in nonrenewable groundwater each year
· Contributed $2 million toward Arapahoe Community College’s Strum Collaboration Campus
While looking ahead to another set of goals for 2020, the Town is also taking time to reflect on accomplishments from 2019 through an annual publication, Report to the Community – Year-end 2019. The report is available online at [CRgov.com/MajorProjects]CRgov.com/MajorProjects, and a paper copy soon will be mailed to each Castle Rock address.
The Town also produced a short video highlighting 2019 accomplishments and 2020 goals, which is available at the above webpage. The Town invites residents to view the information and share in the celebration of the community’s collective accomplishments.
Looking into 2020, major projects on the horizon include:
· Widen Plum Creek Parkway east of Gilbert Street to Eaton Circle, including constructing two new roundabouts
· Acquire the remaining right of way needed and set aside funds toward the future Crystal Valley Parkway interchange with Interstate 25
· Complete upgrades to the Plum Creek Water Purification Facility so the Town can provide purified reuse water, and complete construction of the pump station and reuse pipeline from the Town’s diversion and reservoir north of Sedalia to deliver reuse water to the Plum Creek Water Purification Facility
· Design and initiate construction of a neighborhood park in Cobblestone Ranch, which will be completed in 2021
Quarterly updates on how the Town is progressing on these and other projects can be found at [CRgov.com/MajorProjects]CRgov.com/MajorProjects, as well as on the Town’s official Facebook page, @CRgov.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/NotifyMe, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Instagram (@CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).