Castle Rock Starlighting - Food Vendors
2019 Starlighting Food Vendor Application
You are invited to complete this vendor application for Castle Rock’s Annual Starlighting on November 23, 2019. The number of food vendors will be limited and chosen by the committee. Applications are currently being accepted and must be received by the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce (with payment) by November 1, 2019. A written confirmation will be emailed no later than the week of November 1, 2019. No refunds - you will only be refunded if you are not selected for the event.
The Committee is looking for restaurants (retail food establishments) to complement the high quality of this event. The Committee encourages restaurateurs, food trucks and gourmet food vendors offering freshly prepared entrees and desserts, as well as traditional convenience food vendors, to apply. Vendor selection will be based on the ability to provide a well-balanced vending area, and if more than one vendor applies with the same type of menu, preference will be given to Castle Rock Chamber members. The number of vendors will be limited due to space constraints. The format is that of a farmer’s market with vendors displaying in an open space area.
A few highlights:
- Set up begins Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m. All set up must be complete by 1:30 pm.
- You must stay open for the duration of the event on Saturday, November 23, from 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm.
- NO EARLY DEPARTURES ARE PERMITTED.
- Site selection will be assigned on a ‘first-come, first-served basis with a completed application and payment.
- Vendor set up for the event will be by pre-scheduled and staggered assigned time slots. You will be contacted in advance to coordinate your set-up time.
- Pets are not allowed on the festival grounds. Service animals, which are registered with the State of Colorado and used for the purpose of aiding a disabled individual, are exempt.
- Your fee will be refunded should your company not be selected.
- Please provide below a brief description of your company and food specialties.
- Vendor needs to have proper liability insurance and must provide a copy of its policy or certificate showing valid and necessary coverage, and submit your health department application.
- Acceptance is based on the understanding that Vendors will sell only those items listed on their applications. Additional items may NOT be sold without the event organizers expressed consent (including no sales of other food and beverage).
- Food vendors must have appropriate permits from the Tri-County Health Dept. Click here to view Guidelines Proof of Tri-County Health Dept approval must be sent in by Nov 1, 2019.
- ALL Mobile Food Vendors (MFV) are required to hold their own business and tax license. They are not able to fall under the organizer/event promoter’s license.
- ALL Mobile Food Vendors are required to obtain an inspection by the Castle Rock Fire Department PRIOR to operating at the event.
- Any questions regarding the inspection process should go to CRFD at 303-660-1066.
- Food Vendors must follow the Booth Requirements of the Tri-County Health Department including obtaining a Temporary Retail Food License and following on-site sanitation measures as detailed in TCHD Guidelines.
- All vendors who require the use of cooking equipment, or an open flame, shall be required to use a Flame Retardant Tent. A fire resistant tent rental is available for an additional fee but you must select and pay for that option below . In addition, all vendors using cooking equipment (grills, burners, stoves, warmers, etc.) must provide their own fire extinguisher, and tie-downs for propane tanks, and must comply with fire codes of the Town of Castle Rock and all provisions of Local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- NOTE: If an additional, on-site inspection is required by the Health Department (before the festival opens) to visit your booth, you will be billed an additional $60.00 after the event.
Booth Space and Tents
- Each vendor will be supplied with a 10’ x 10’ space and is required to tent space with a protective wind- and rain-resistant roof. Vendors should prepare for any type of weather, particularly strong winds and snow. Tent tie-downs (i.e. weights or water jugs) are required.
- We require that you bring a professional sign with name of your company and prices visible, to be placed at your booth. Please fill out the form below and return it with proof of insurance and your application fee payable to the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce. Please include the application fee of $195 (Chamber Members) $295 (Non-Chamber Members)
- Vendor booth space may not extend beyond your booth space into the public thoroughfare at the festival; vendor may be required to make adjustments to booth setup per the event manager or Town fire inspector.
- Vendors must have either a general Colorado Tax License or a Colorado Single or Multiple Event Sales Tax License as well as a Town of Castle Rock Sales Tax license. For information about Colorado Sales Tax Licenses, call 303-238-7378 for sales tax info. or visit http://www.revenue.state.co.us/TPS_Dir/home.asp.
- Each vendor is responsible for the collection and payment of sales tax to the Town of Castle Rock, Douglas County and/or the State of Colorado as required.
- Food Vendors are required to have minimum insurance coverage in effect that covers the Vendor’s booth operations. Please attach copy of declaration page showing valid comprehensive general liability coverage at minimum of $1,000,000 policy limits per occurrence for Bodily Injury and Property Damage, and an aggregate limit of at least $2,000,000 CSL. Policy shall reflect coverage for Premises/Operation and Products Liability). The Policy shall name the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce, as additional insureds for the term of the event.