2017 Food Vendor Application
You are invited to complete this vendor application for Castle Rock’s Annual Artfest on September 9 & 10, 2017.
Artfest is a fine arts and fine crafts show with 170 artists exhibiting their creations plus a variety of musical entertainment, cultural activities and the Imagination Zone—a children’s area. Artfest this year will be in the east Parking Lot of the Outlets at Castle Rock..
The Artfest committee is looking for concessions to complement the high quality of art and entertainment and is open to gourmet foods as well as traditional festival foods. Priority will be given to food vendors who are active members of the Castle Rock Chamber. If there are spaces available after chamber member food vendors have been selected, these slots will become available to non-members at a higher rate. NO refunds will be given.
• No food vendors will be allowed to serve any beverages. The Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce sells all beverages. (Soda, coffee, water, etc)
• You may set up Friday, September 8th after 6pm or Saturday morning, September 9th, you may set up beginning at 6:00 am. No vehicles will be allowed on premise after 8:30 a.m. on Saturday or Sunday. All vendors MUST stay open during festival hours. Please note that we have security on site Friday and Saturday all night.
Artfest Hours: Saturday, September 9, 2017 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday, September 10, 2017 10:00am – 5:00pm
The Artfest Committee encourages restaurateurs, food trucks and gourmet food vendors offering freshly prepared entrees and desserts, as well as traditional convenience food vendors, to apply. Vendor selection will be based on the ability to provide a well-balanced vending area, and if more than one vendor applies with the same type of menu, preference will be given to Castle Rock Chamber members. The number of vendors will be limited due to space constraints. There will be limited electricity.
A few highlights:
• Set up begins Friday evening after 6:00 p.m. or Saturday morning at 6 am. All set up must be complete by 8:30 am Saturday.
• You must stay open for the duration of the event : Sept. 9 & 10, 2017.
• NO EARLY DEPARTURES ARE PERMITTED.
• Site selection will be assigned on a ‘first-come, first-served basis with a completed application and payment.’
• Vendor set up for the event will be by pre-scheduled and staggered assigned time slots. You will be contacted in advance to coordinate your set-up time.
• Food vendors must have appropriate permits from the Tri-County Health Dept.
• Vendor booth space may not extend beyond your booth space into the public thoroughfare at the festival; vendor may be required to make adjustments to booth setup per the event manager or Town fire inspector.
Booth Space and Tents. Each vendor will be supplied with a 15’ x 15’ space and is required to tent space with a protective wind- and rain-resistant roof. Vendors should prepare for any type of weather, particularly strong winds and rain (including late afternoon thunderstorms). Tent tie-downs (i.e.…water jugs) are required.
We require that you bring a professional sign with name of your company and prices visible, to be placed at your booth. Please fill out the form below and return it with proof of insurance and your application fee payable to the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce.
All vendors who require the use of cooking equipment, or an open flame, shall be required to use a Flame Retardant Tent. A fire resistant tent rental is available for an additional fee but you must select and pay for that option below. In addition, all vendors using cooking equipment (grills, burners, stoves, warmers, etc.) must provide their own fire extinguisher, and tie-downs for propane tanks, and must comply with fire codes of the Town of Castle Rock and all provisions of Local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
Food Vendors must follow the Booth Requirements of the Tri-County Health Department including obtaining a Temporary Retail Food License and following on-site sanitation measures as detailed in TCHD http://www.tchd.org/pdfs/temporary_food_event_vendor_guidelines.pdf .
NOTE: If an additional, on-site inspection is required by the Health Department (before the festival opens) to visit your booth, you will be billed an additional $60.00 after the event. Your $375 (or $275) check will be refunded should your company not be selected. Please provide below a brief description of your company and food specialties. Vendor needs to have proper liability insurance and must provide a copy of its policy or certificate showing valid and necessary coverage, and submit your health department application.
- Pets. Pets are not allowed on the festival grounds. Service animals, which are registered with the State of Colorado and used for the purpose of aiding a disabled individual, are exempt.
- Product Restrictions. Acceptance is based on the understanding that Vendors will sell only those items listed on their applications. Additional items may NOT be sold without the event organizers expressed consent (including no sales of other food and beverage).
- Sales Taxes. Vendors must have either a general Colorado Tax License or a Colorado Single or Multiple Event Sales Tax License. For information about Colorado Sales Tax Licenses, call 303-238-7378 for sales tax info. or visit http://www.revenue.state.co.us/TPS_Dir/home.asp.
- Each vendor is responsible for the collection and payment of sales tax to the City of Castle Rock, Douglas County and/or the State of Colorado as required. The Castle Rock Chamber is required by the City of Castle Rock to collect the local sales tax on the day of the event. Please be prepared to write a check to the Town of Castle Rock that day.
NOTE: Food Vendors are required to have minimum insurance coverage in effect that covers the Vendor’s booth operations. Please attach copy of declaration page showing valid comprehensive general liability coverage at minimum of $1,000,000 policy limits per occurrence for Bodily Injury and Property Damage, and an aggregate limit of at least $2,000,000 CSL. Policy shall reflect coverage for Premises/Operation and Products Liability). The Policy shall name the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce as additional insured for the term of the event.