ohn and Bea Lowell, life-long ranchers and community supporters, spent their entire married life in Douglas County, Colorado helping kids, involved in community activities and agriculture.
In 2002, John and Bea created CALF as a way to preserve a piece of rural life within the suburbs and promote agricultural education.
Years later, CALF carries on their vision and operates their Lowell Ranch on Plum Creek serves as an ideal venue for a working agricultural education center.
Our ranch was originally homesteaded in 1878. Henry and Maude Lowell moved to the ranch in 1906. The Lowell Family has occupied it ever since.
In 2010, The Douglas County Board of Commissioners designated the Lowell OV Ranch as a historic landmark.